Sunday, June 24, 2012

30 before 30

I recently found this blog post entitled 30 before 30 while I was blog-hopping on a boring Sunday. It speaks of accomplishments, inspiration, just the will to live. It inspires me to write again, after so many months of abandoning the blogging world.


On a typical Sunday noon, I would be reading, focusing on my studies. But not today. As of today, I'm blog hopping as i happily would, googling the images of twinkle twinkle little lights. I have always loved colorful, twinkling lights at night. I remember I would get really excited when my parents would bring us out at night for a drive to the city, to look at the lights hanging on the trees & roadsides, and the tall buildings with lights. I friggin love them. 

At this age (I’m 25 now, another 4 months to hit 26), I dreamed of having my own house, designing them as vintage as I could, and would love every angle of the house that I would live in with a person that I love, tolerable enough to live as modest as we want. There’s this lovely image that I have in my head that I can’t wait to let it out and make them a reality. I imagine my life beyond 30. I marvel a lot on what I could accomplish, what I wish to possess, how I fancy my life joyfully. I picture the serenity of the environment surrounding me, with a lovely husband, and children (in God’s will), a respected career. That’s where I want to be. Nowhere luxurious but nowhere deprived. Just somewhere in between, something humble.
But then again, I’m only 25. And I have a few wish lists: 30 before 30. 

Another 5 years to achieve these wish lists. Its quite impossible as I am an ambitious, dream big type of person, hence I decided to extend it till maybe 45.


1. Get a Master’s Degree in OMFS (hopefully by 32).

2. Bring Mama travel back to Edinburgh.
3. Buy a house and design it vintage.
4. Travel to Europe with a lover.



5. Be able to afford an awesome sports car, like the bimmers M series.
6. Be financially stable. 300K, health insurance, savings, all that jazz.
7. Marry the man I love and can’t see myself being with anyone else.
8. Have kids and teach them how to be awesome.
9. Run a successful business with a partner (aka husband).
10. Honeymooning at the Maldives island.
11. Build and design my own backyard garden with twinkling lights.
12. Run a marathon.
13. Make myself comfortable wearing the hijab.
14. Have a flat abs.
15. Throw an amazing dinner party at home, and have cooked all the food myself and design the theme myself.


16. Learn to love the hot weather. Or at least, not hate it.

17. Live in a town that I am happy to be a part of.
18. Have an awesome room all to myself to focus on myself.
19. Organize a family day by the beach.
20. Volunteer for a good cause.
21. Take one day and ride a bike to a fresh market, buy fresh food, cook it, and be happy I did so.
22. Become a full blown modern muslimah.
23. Be happy with the physical shape I’m in.



24. Live a healthy lifestyle.
25. Publish an article to an international publication.
26. Have happy, healthy children that don’t despise me. And be able to help them in college.
27. Become a successful respected surgeon.
28. Stop caring about what others think about me.
29. Live life making wise choices.
30. Not regret a single thing.

Will I be able to achieve these? Let us see. InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment