Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lets pray for Hidayah

"The Prophet's mind and heart had indeed been expanded and purified: the burden which pressed on his soul had been removed; and his name exalted in this world and the next. For the righteous man there is no trouble. But is linked with ease and joy; he must strive at every stage, and look to Allah alone as the goal of all his hopes." - Surah Al-Inshirah commentary by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

I begin this post with a verse adapted from the Holy Quran. For the past few weeks, for the past few months to be frank, i have not been in a very good place of mind and heart. I think too much. Mostly about my future and about my career in dentistry. I have been staring at this blank post for more than half a day and I was speechless, thoughtless, typeless. I came back from the clinic, continue staring at this blank post for another half an hour when i realized that I have so much to do at home. But my mind just couldn't tell my body to get up and get going. Instead, i lay down on my bed and just stare at the blank white ceiling, thinking, but nothing came up. I didnt have a clue how I came to this. What has been bothering me lately? Ever since I moved to this small town, I have been alone. I stayed at home alone. At work, although i have same level colleagues, but I just do things on my own. I dont talk to them that much. What happened to me? I kinda became anti-social. I rarely laugh nowadays you know. Sigh.

 

I was invited by the dean of Dental Faculty IIUM in Kuantan Health Campus to join their service as a lecturer (trainee) in the department of Oral Surgery. Though it sounds exclusive, interesting and challenging, but I have always wanted to return home, in Subang Jaya. And yesterday, I was given the news that my application to UiTM as a lecturer trainee was successful. Unfortunately for me, they're putting me in the paediatric dentistry department. When i went to the interview, I managed to show and persuade them how much I love Orthodontics but unluckily for me, the department was fully occupied and they're placing me in a different one instead. Now, I am in the verge of making a decision of my life. My whole life, my whole future, my whole career depends on how i decide NOW. How shall i say this.. its just crazy for me. I feel like i'm carrying the burden of my whole unpredictable future. 

Lets just pray for guidance from Allah subhanawataala for a prosperous successful future. InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment